EFFECTIVE JUNE 1, 2021 APPOINTMENTS WILL NO LONGER BE REQUIRED FOR ANY DRIVER'S LICENSE, PERMIT OR ID TRANSACTIONS ALONG WITH ANY STANDARD MOTOR VEHICLE TRANSACTION. APPOINTMENTS ARE STILL REQURED FOR ALL IRP/IFTA TRANSACTIONS.
The drop box (located outside of the main entrance) and mail-in are still options for registration renewals. Please be sure to include you current insurance information and a contact phone number.
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY HAS EXTENDED THE TIMELINE FOR STATES TO BECOME REAL ID COMPLIANT. THE NEW DEADLINE TO BECOME REAL ID COMPLIANT IS: May 3, 2023.
APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL PRORATE (IRP AND IFTA) TRANSACTIONS. PLEASE PHONE 320-269-6035 TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
The Chippewa County License Bureau is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Enhanced and Real Driver's License and ID transactions end at 3:30 p.m. daily. If you prefer, you may still utilize the drop box to renew your vehicle registration, or mail your renewal notice to us for process. Please remember to fill out the insurance portion of your renewal notice in full.
- Title transfer and registration of motor vehicles, special plates (i.e. personalized, veteran, disabled, etc.)
- Title transfer and registration of interstate vehicles, renewals of prorate vehicles, and direct online processing of invoices and temporary authorities.
- Prorate hours 8 a.m. to 3 p.m, Monday through Friday by appointment only.
Written and road testing is available at this location on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesdays of the month buy appointment only. To make an appointment please log on to drive.mn.gov . Driver's license renewal, duplicates and first time applications are processed Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Real and Enhanced credentials are processed Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Game & Fish
- Electronic License System for hunting and fishing licenses.
- Regulations also available.
- Special Electronic License System agent for disability licenses. Snowmobile trail stickers also available.
Department of Natural Resources
Title transfer and registration of:
- All-Terrain Vehicles
- Off-Road Motorcycles
- Off-Road Vehicles
- Water Craft