Starting on July 6, 2020, the Chippewa County License Bureau will be open to the public for walk-in service no appointment necessary. Our hours of operation will be 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You may still utilize the drop box to renew your vehicle registration, or mail your renewal notice to us for process. Please remember to fill out the insurance portion of your renewal notice in full. We do recommend that you wear a mask for your safety and ours. Thank you for your patience during these unprecedented times.
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY HAS EXTENDED THE TIMELINE FOR STATES TO BECOME REAL ID COMPLIANT. THE NEW DEADLINE TO BECOME REAL ID COMPLIANT IS: OCTOBER 1, 2021.
NOW THROUGH JUNE 30, 2021 YOU CAN RENEW YOUR STANDARD CLASS D DRIVER’S LICENSE ON-LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR CURRENT DRIVER’S LICENSE YOU MAY APPLY ON-LINE AT: DRIVE.MN.GOV
- Title transfer and registration of motor vehicles, special plates (i.e. personalized, veteran, disabled, etc.)
- Title transfer and registration of interstate vehicles, renewals of prorate vehicles, and direct online processing of invoices and temporary authorities.
- Prorate hours 8 a.m. to 3 p.m, Monday through Friday.
Examinations and road tests are given first, third, and fifth Wednesdays of each month. Written exams are given at 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m, no appointment needed. Road tests are made by appointment only, and can be scheduled by telephone on Tuesdays only by calling the Marshall Examination Station at 1-507-537-7024 from 8 a.m. to noon and 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Renewal and changes to Standard drivers license done during regular business hours.
Game & Fish
- Electronic License System for hunting and fishing licenses.
- Regulations also available.
- Special Electronic License System agent for disability licenses. Snowmobile trail stickers also available.
Department of Natural Resources
Title transfer and registration of:
- All-Terrain Vehicles
- Off-Road Motorcycles
- Off-Road Vehicles
- Water Craft