DUE TO THE EXECUTIVE ORDER ISSUED BY GOVERNOR WALZ TO STAY AT HOME, THE CHIPPEWA COUNTY LICENSE BUREAU WILL BE CLOSED AND UNABLE TO PROCESS ANY TRANSACTIONS DURING THIS TIME FRAME. PLEASE CONTINUE TO MONITOR THIS WEBSITE FOR ANY FURTHER UPDATES. THANK YOU, STAY HEALTHY AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN THE FUTURE.
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY HAS EXTENDED THE TIMELINE FOR STATES TO BECOME REAL ID COMPLIANT. THE NEW DEADLINE TO BECOME REAL ID COMPLIANT IS: OCTOBER 1, 2021.
- Title transfer and registration of motor vehicles, special plates (i.e. personalized, veteran, disabled, etc.)
- Title transfer and registration of interstate vehicles, renewals of prorate vehicles, and direct online processing of invoices and temporary authorities.
- Prorate hours 8 a.m. to 3 p.m, Monday through Friday.
Examinations and road tests are given first, third, and fifth Wednesdays of each month. Written exams are given at 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m, no appointment needed. Road tests are made by appointment only, and can be scheduled by telephone on Tuesdays only by calling the Marshall Examination Station at 1-507-537-7024 from 8 a.m. to noon and 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Renewal and changes to Standard drivers license done during regular business hours.
Game & Fish
- Electronic License System for hunting and fishing licenses.
- Regulations also available.
- Special Electronic License System agent for disability licenses. Snowmobile trail stickers also available.
Department of Natural Resources
Title transfer and registration of:
- All-Terrain Vehicles
- Off-Road Motorcycles
- Off-Road Vehicles
- Water Craft