EFFECTIVE MONDAY, MARCH 8, 2021 APPOINTMENTS WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL DRIVER'S LICENSE, PERMIT AND ID TRANSACTIONS NEW AND RENEWAL ALSO TITLE TRANSFERS, IRP AND IFTA. PLEASE PHONE 320-269-6035 TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
WALK IN TRANSACTIONS WILL CONSIST OF :
REGISTRATION RENEWALS (TABS)
MEDICAL CERTIFICATE UPDATES
LETTERS FROM THE STATE
The drop box (located outside of the main entrance) and mail-in are options for registration renewals. Please be sure to include you current insurance information and a contact phone number.
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2020, APPOINTMENTS WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL PRORATE (IRP AND IFTA) TRANSACTIONS. PLEASE PHONE 320-269-6035 TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
The Chippewa County License Bureau is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Enhanced and Real Driver's License and ID transactions end at 3:30 p.m. daily. You may still utilize the drop box to renew your vehicle registration, or mail your renewal notice to us for process. Please remember to fill out the insurance portion of your renewal notice in full. We do require that you wear a mask for your safety and ours. Thank you for your patience during these unprecedented times.
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY HAS EXTENDED THE TIMELINE FOR STATES TO BECOME REAL ID COMPLIANT. THE NEW DEADLINE TO BECOME REAL ID COMPLIANT IS: OCTOBER 1, 2021.
NOW THROUGH JUNE 30, 2021 YOU CAN RENEW YOUR STANDARD CLASS D DRIVER’S LICENSE ON-LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR CURRENT DRIVER’S LICENSE YOU MAY APPLY ON-LINE AT: DRIVE.MN.GOV
- Title transfer and registration of motor vehicles, special plates (i.e. personalized, veteran, disabled, etc.)
- Title transfer and registration of interstate vehicles, renewals of prorate vehicles, and direct online processing of invoices and temporary authorities.
- Prorate hours 8 a.m. to 3 p.m, Monday through Friday by appointment only.
At the present time there is no written or road testing at this location. Please refer back to this website for any further details or log on to drive.mn.gov for locations and hours. Driver's license renewal, duplicates and first time applications are processed Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Real and Enhanced credentials are processed Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Game & Fish
- Electronic License System for hunting and fishing licenses.
- Regulations also available.
- Special Electronic License System agent for disability licenses. Snowmobile trail stickers also available.
Department of Natural Resources
Title transfer and registration of:
- All-Terrain Vehicles
- Off-Road Motorcycles
- Off-Road Vehicles
- Water Craft