Starting on Monday, May 18th, we will be operating on an appointment only basis for driver’s license renewal and title transfers only. Please utilize the drop box located outside of the east doors or send by mail your registration renewals. Please be sure to provide your insurance information and a current phone number. These will be processed in a timely fashion and returned to you by mail, or if indicated, pickup can be arranged. To make an appointment, please phone 320-269-6035. Thank you for your patience during these unprecedented times.
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY HAS EXTENDED THE TIMELINE FOR STATES TO BECOME REAL ID COMPLIANT. THE NEW DEADLINE TO BECOME REAL ID COMPLIANT IS: OCTOBER 1, 2021.
- Title transfer and registration of motor vehicles, special plates (i.e. personalized, veteran, disabled, etc.)
- Title transfer and registration of interstate vehicles, renewals of prorate vehicles, and direct online processing of invoices and temporary authorities.
- Prorate hours 8 a.m. to 3 p.m, Monday through Friday.
Examinations and road tests are given first, third, and fifth Wednesdays of each month. Written exams are given at 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m, no appointment needed. Road tests are made by appointment only, and can be scheduled by telephone on Tuesdays only by calling the Marshall Examination Station at 1-507-537-7024 from 8 a.m. to noon and 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Renewal and changes to Standard drivers license done during regular business hours.
Game & Fish
- Electronic License System for hunting and fishing licenses.
- Regulations also available.
- Special Electronic License System agent for disability licenses. Snowmobile trail stickers also available.
Department of Natural Resources
Title transfer and registration of:
- All-Terrain Vehicles
- Off-Road Motorcycles
- Off-Road Vehicles
- Water Craft