Chemical Health Services
Substance Use Disorder/Chemical Health Services
For mental health crisis services, please Woodland Centers Mobile Crisis. The Mobile Crisis Response Team responds to urgent crisis situations 24/7/365. Call our 24/7 Crisis Line Toll-Free at (800) 432-8781.
For Medical Emergencies, please call 911.
If you currently have insurance/ funding and are looking for a Comprehensive Assessment (previously referred to as a Rule 25) please contact your insurance company to find what chemical health services, your plan covers.
Funding For Substance Use Disorder:
If you have no insurance coverage OR your insurance does not fully cover the cost of SUD services, you may qualify for public funding for SUD service through the Behavioral Health Fund (previously known as Rule 25 CCDTF). The Behavioral Health Fund or BHF will cover the cost of comprehensive assessment and substance use disorder treatment for a period up to six months, if you meet the following 2 guidelines:
1. You are a current Minnesota resident:
• Please apply in the county of your residence.
2. Meet the Minnesota state guidelines for income and household size.
3. Visit the Chippewa County Family Services lobby during our business hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. The office is located on the first floor at 719 N. 7th Street, Suite 200 Montevideo, MN 56265. County staff is available for assistance.
4. Call intake and request BHF information and someone from the department will return your call.
- Documents required with your BHF application:
- Complete Application: (Chippewa County Behavioral Health Fund Application )
- Verification of residency: Include one of the following:
- Copy of a lease agreement/ mortgage statement
- Recent utility bill
- Complete the “Authorization for release of information about residence and shelter expenses” included in the Behavioral Health fund application.
- Verification of income: Include one of the following:
- Copies of all eligible income listed on page one of BHF Application. Complete the “employment verification form” included in the Behavioral Health Application. (No proof required for people unemployed.)
After you apply:
Once Chippewa County receives the application, it will be reviewed. If approved you will be contacted, and a 6-month eligibility span will begin allowing applicant to access chemical health services. If continued funding is needed after the 6-month eligibility span expires, individuals will need to reapply to re-determine financial eligibility.
For any questions call Chemical Health at 320-269-6401 or Dana Wilson 320-269-6401 ext. 1118 or Contact by fax: 320-269-6405
Resource Support Groups:
https://alcoholicsanonymous.com/&nbsp; (12 Step Recovery Group for Alcohol and other substances)
https://www.naminnesota.org/ (Mental Health Resources and list of Support Group)
https://www.celebraterecovery.com/&nbsp; (Faith-Based 12 Step Recovery Group)
https://www.smartrecovery.org/ (FREE Support Groups Focused on Addictive Behaviors)
https://minnesotarecovery.org/all-recovery-meetings/&nbsp; (FREE Online Support Groups)
https://na.org/&nbsp; (12 Step Recovery Group for Narcotics)
https://minnesotarecovery.org/telephone-recovery-support/ (Free Online Recovery Navigator and Peer to Peer Supports)
South Metro Community Services - Home (smcsmn.org) (Peer Support, All Inclusive Support Groups, Education and No Cost Tattoo Removal for those who qualify)
Misc. Recovery Resources:
https://www.detoxlocal.com (Find Local detox near you)
https://www.narcotics.com/ (Information Regarding Narcotic Abuse and Resources)
https://www.nami.org/ (Mental Illness Resources)
https://www.addictions.com/ (Addiction Resources)
https://rehabs.org/ (Resource to find Treatment and Mental Health Resources)
Make the Connection | Videos & Info for Military Veterans (Resources for Veterans, their families and caregivers.)